Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Flood Epiphany

For a while now, the trashcans on the downtown part of the Riverwalk have bothered me. I like the way they look, obviously, ‘cause I’ve taken several photos of them.


I particularly like the shadows they cast.


However, I’d been struck by the fact that they didn’t actually work very well. The trash bags don’t fit inside them very well, and the bags come loose, and the trash gets scattered. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for the trash crew to take those bags outta those wrought-iron containers; I have trouble taking the bag outta my smooth plastic kitchen trashcan.



Then came the Flood, and all of a sudden I realized the advantage of the Riverwalk trashcans: The suckers don’t float. Nope. They stay put. And the floodwaters do them absolutely no harm. The things are flow-through. So thanks, Mr. or Ms. Designer! I’m impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment