Sunday, March 7, 2010

Some Recent Random Shots, Including a Mysterious Canoe and a Unicycle

First, the water level has finally dropped ...




There are even kayakers in the water. See 'em? (Click on the photo and it'll enlarge.)


We're seeing rocks we haven't seen in months and months.



Lil' Coolpix and I have been enjoying our telephoto lens ...


I'm intrigued by the remnants of an old abandoned sawmill over on the Phenix City side ...

I've been intrigued by that thing for a LONG time, and have had fantasies of turning it into a fish camp. No, I don't really wanna fry fish for a livin' -- but what with things as they with our ol' education system these days ... Okay, let's get back to the Riverwalk --

Spring is beginning to have sprung ...




Folks are out playin' and havin' themselves a good time ...


No, your eyes did not deceive you. That is one wheel.


I even saw one brave turtle on this day. See if you can see him ...
As I passed underneath the Oglethorpe Bridge, I happened to look up ...

and notice that somebody had apparently run a vehicle into the railing! Whoa! That's a long, scary way down! This is where they would've gone ...

My guess is that they didn't run completely off the bridge, or I'd have heard about it.

Here's another mystery -- Over on the Alabama side, down the bank from the abandoned sawmill ... (Thanks to Lil Coolpix and her telephoto lens!)


So I'm standin' over on the Riverwalk on the Georgia, shootin' pictures, when these folks in this motorboat speed by heading north and then do a double-take and come back and make encounter with mysterious canoe-man. There was another canoe-man up in the bushes, but I didn't tell them that.

You know I can't leave without showing you a couple of remainderings ...



I had seen two horses and riders up on Front Avenue, but I hadn't realized that they'd taken a stroll down on the Riverwalk -- till I saw this evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment