Sunday, March 7, 2010

Balls on The Chattahoochee

In paying attention to flotsam and jetsam on The River, I thought I'd noted an unusual number of balls. I'm talkin' about basketballs, soccer balls, tennis balls, rubber bouncy balls ... And then one day Fred said something about it, too. Now I have the pictures to prove it.

First, I have to tell you about this strange flotsam phenomenon that allowed me to get these photos. Here we are at the Powerhouse at Eagle and Phenix, and the water is coming through the "stomach" (my term) in an unusual way, creating an unusual current ...
It is very unusual for any flotsam whatsoever to be in this area, but the strange current produced it, I'm figurin' ...
If you look closely at the above photo, you can see a purple ball, over on the right, about halfway up the photo.

In the above photo there are two balls -- the purple one and a blue one right above it.

Here they are from a different angle --


And here, below, is ball number three in this one little pile of floating trash ... (It's blue, too.)



So, in this one little bit of flotsam there were three big balls visible. There might have been more, but we saw at least three. There were tennis balls, too, but I couldn't get a good photo of them.

As Butch Anthony would say, "Makes you wonder."

2 comments:

  1. Balls in the Chattahoochee...there's a country song in that.

    --cf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, "Anonymous," you've already guessed, I am sure, what I almost titled the post: "The Chattahoochee Has Balls." But this is a family-rated blog, so ...

    ReplyDelete