Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Beautiful Late Thursday Afternoon and a New Camera

Driven by guilt over the fact that the "cameranoculars" he gave me for Christmas were duds, Fred "Mr. Ebay" Fussell found me a Nikon Coolpix WITH A TELEPHOTO LENS for $26! Today Lil Coolpix took her maiden voyage on The Riverwalk:

She appreciated the fact that the train was passin' at the same time that she was.

The repaired graffiti has been "doctored." (In case you can't see it well enough to read it, I'll transcribe: "BURN YOUR MONEY")

Still no sign of a sign.



The "new part." So close, so close ...

The recently planted shrubs are the newest evidence of progress.


I LOVE how these shadows make ric-rac on the steps.


At the north fishing well ...




I enjoyed a brief encounter with Mr. Duck ...

... and his lovely wife ...

... and then Mr. Speedboat ...

Okay -- Look closely at this photo of Gazebo Number 3, located directly across the street from our front door. Can you see a mysterious "package" there to the immediate left of the "entrance?" Does it look to you as if might be "a body"??? (Did to me!)


Well, here's a close-up ...

I have no idea.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, ric-rac, made me think of when Mama made our dresses when we were small, she use to always "dress them up" with ric-rac, I loved tracing it with my fingers when we were sitting in church;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love that image of a little Joy sitting in church and tracing the ric-rac with her fingers. My mother sewed, too, you know, and I was always fascinated with ric-rac.

    ReplyDelete