Sunday, July 31, 2011

Photos by Phred

The Riverwalk was particularly beautiful this morning -- the surface like glass, the reflections sharp, the water clear. In a hurry to get out the front door, somehow I forgot my camera! (Duh.)  Fred was taggin' along, though, and he had not forgotten his camera, so all today's photographs are the work of Fred, who graciously offered to take photos of exactly what I pointed out.  So that's what we did -- I pointed and Fred snapped.  Plus, of course, Fred took a few of his own choosing.

I'm doing something with this blog entry that I don't usually do -- I'm presenting the photographs in exactly the order in which they were taken.  Usually I find some theme or motif  that's up there in my head, and I pull photographs from my stash of various days' walks, and I plug 'em into one blog entry.  But what you're gettin' today is a straight, in-order, one morning walk -- July 31, 2011.  And, by the way, I readily admit that Fred's a much better photographer than I am.

 
I love how Fred placed the ends of the cannons in this photo.



We had a brief conversation with this very friendly man who offered that he'd caught a catfish about a foot long, making his mornin' out in the heat "worth it."


A cantaloupe-sized hole has appeared in the Riverwalk within the past couple of days -- right there behind the Promenade Amphitheatre.











Fred loves to take photos of the railroad bridge.  I do, too.


Somebody dropped they cupcake.

















A watermelon vine that's growing right next to the walk up underneath Dillingham Bridge. It's sportin' a bloom. We'll see if it manages to produce a melon.












These two very white ducks, newcomers, have been at this very spot for two days.













We agreed that neither of us had ever seen a boatless person so far out onto the rocks.

Has Jake Blount been visitin' the Riverwalk? And does he have a printer?



















The cutbait has aged for a few days, and increased in complexity.


This is the second time that we've seen a heron in this spot.

I guess he ran out of printer ink?



Blue toenail polish brings good luck in fishin', maybe -- especially when worn with sequined flip-flops.






We're concerned about what appears to be spraying.





1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Julia Robertson and I am a Journalism Student at Auburn University and I am writing a story about the new Phenix City RIver walk. Your blog inspired my story idea of a walk around the river, I plan on using the route you suggested in a post specifically about phenix. I would really love to come to Columbus and Interview you. My e-mail is JMR0025@auburn.edu I would really appreciate it if you could e-mail me if you are interested.


    thanks so much,
    Julia Robertson

    ReplyDelete