Sunday, April 18, 2010

Even More From This Weekend

Yes, I am obsessed with The Riverwalk. But these photographs from this weekend got lost in the shuffle somewhere along the way, and I thought you might like 'em, so here they are:

Prom nite on The Promenade!


I have to admit that this girl's skin color and dress color, in the late afternoon light, were beautiful. Good choice, whoever you are.

Gazebo #3 and The Promenade amphitheatre appear to be a location of choice for prom pictures.

I just can't get over the fact that the whole family shows up.

And sometimes they encounter bicyclists and other Riverwalk patrons.


Reckon the mamas purposely chose their shirts to match their daughters' dresses?






Now back down on The River ...
Fred and I sometimes fantasize about owning a boat. I like the looks of this one, and I especially like the fact that there's a family aboard.


Some guy caught these fish down near The Powerhouse. He was amused by the fact that I wanted to take a photo of 'em.

Cutbait. I've always been fascinated with that word.
"Whatcha usin'?"
"Cutbait."

And ain't it a mess?

Now, 'cause I just showed you something so ugly, I'm gonna show you something beautiful:

I thought the light was particularly beautiful there on the other side of "up under" the Dillingham Street Bridge.


Folks were getting ready for an event at the Phenix City Amphitheatre. Later that night we heard the music.
Reckon what their story is?

A remaindering:


The shrubs underneath which I found the "rogue tulips" pictured in another post:



And, lastly, for Amos Henry, "the waterfall."

1 comment: