Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Riverwalk on SuperBowl Day

I'm no football fan, so today while some of y'all were watching the pre-game shows and partyin' -- or gettin' ready to party -- I was walkin' on the Riverwalk. The water was high ... just a few inches below the sidewalk at the "main plaza." I felt almost as if I were walkin' ON water.



Apparently the water had been even higher last night, though. Here are some photos of jetsam --

... and some detail shots ...

We human beings leave some interesting items in our wake ...



I especially liked the shape that this particular pile of debris took. I guess it swirled because it was over a drain ...



Some pretty serious erosion over on the Phenix City side ...
In spite of all the flooding, though, PROGRESS!

Light poles have been installed on the new part! And landscapers were hard at work today, Sunday! I might add that these photos were taken through the chain-link fence.




Somebody been cleanin' fish on the marker?...

Well, we are directly across the River from Phenix City, ya know ...


A new attempt to cover graffiti. Sometimes I wonder which is worse, the symptom or the cure ...
Some folks lookin' down from the Ironworks ...

Hold on. Wait a minute ...

WHO DAT?!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the photo of the debris "cake" created by water swirling over a drain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, maybe it IS a cake. I thought it looked like a giant cow patty -- or an elephant or dinosaur patty or something. It also reminded me of a hairpiece I had back in the 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! Thanks for the laughs...not sure how I missed these few posts when you made them, but I sure enjoyed them this morning. Knowing Amos is shipping out to Afghanistan tomorrow has my brain doing weird things, certainly not what is should be doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy -- We're thinking of y'all as Amos ships out. Glad the blog could provide some relief. Love to y'all from Unc Fred and me.

    ReplyDelete