Monday, August 24, 2009

"Remainderings"

My friend the artist Robert Seven creates these art pieces he calls “remainderings.” I really like Robert’s remainderings, and we own two of them – one my son Jake bought and gave to me for my office and another that Fred bought and has hanging in our dining room. Here they are:




So about now you’re wondering what in the world Robert’s remainderings have to do with the Riverwalk – right? Well, not much, really, except that I love the term “remainderings” almost as much as I love the art pieces themselves, and as I walk the Riverwalk the word “remainderings” keeps coming into my head as I see various “things left behind” on the Riverwalk. Here's a little photo essay of "remainderings" I've found lately on the Riverwalk:






















4 comments:

  1. that is hilarious and my new fav word...remainderings! Did you actually smell what was left behind in the mason jar?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Joy, I did not sniff the contents of the jar. It did occur to me to do that, but I thought better of it. There are just some mysteries that deserve to go unsolved, ya know? Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of the remaindering pieces you have! They're lovely. And your photos made me smile. -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't claim to be a photographer, as you are, Twist, but I am having fun -- and I hope that with a little practice my photos will get better. (I've always left the photographing up to Unca Freddy, ya know; I'm just takin' up the practice in my old age.)

    ReplyDelete