Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm Worried ...

... that the Powerhouse might not be able to withstand this sort of pressure. I don't think it was designed to.


Now I'll back up and show you the larger picture:










To more pleasant subjects -- Take a look at the beach bum I found on the Riverwalk yesterday:



Cute, huh?  Grandson Amos Henry Harvey is almost as big a fan of the Riverwalk as I am.


One last photo before I end this post:






A shot from a few days ago, of the construction on the Fourteenth Street Bridge.

2 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    My father and I both were looking at the powerhouse while he visited for Thanksgiving weekend from Missouri and we had the same worry as you. I can't imagine the old mortar is going to put up with that kind of abuse for much longer.

    Also, could you let me know who gave you the info about the beached barge that you blogged about with the lamp post numbers in 2009? I'd like some more info, but since Mr. Crawford died in the '30's, I don't see how he was the owner of a barge that sunk in the '60's. We were down there this weekend and got some pictures of the old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, the barge was owned by the son of the man who died in the 30s. His name was Thurston Crawford, too, and he died about 1990. I knew him and his wife. John Lupold tells me that the wrecked barge contained syrup headed to (?) Cairo, Georgia. Fred and John and I all think the barge sank sometime in the 1950s. Will do more research. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete