Thursday, September 15, 2011

Destruction/Construction


Here's the very first evidence of the destruction of our historic dams to construct the whitewater course:



 They've built some sort of temporary (I think.) work platform just north of the 13th Street Bridge:

 

To more pleasant subjects ...

The dropped water level is allowing us to see stuff we've never seen before ...


Now that I can see it even better, the cylindrical thing I've been interested in appears not to be a log or tree, but instead to be a piece of machinery.  I think I see seams, and I definitely see a rod extending out the end:


The foundation of an earlier bridge:



I know I shouldn't say it, but the new addition to the Russell County Courthouse looks more like it goes with the Family Dollar than with the old Russell County Courthouse:


 

Kudzu's blooming. Smell that Grape Nehi Soda?


Mimosa, too. I love the late summer bloomers ...


Crouched for take off ...


I love, love, love our green wall, and hope like everything that the whitewater construction doesn't destroy this beautiful structure:

 

Several photographers were there this morning photographing the green wall and the water gushing through the Powerhouse:

  

And, lastly, I offer three remainderings of the day:
 





Too bad those last two didn't have a rendez-vous.













2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love both the Riverwalk and your blog. Interesting photos and more interesting observations -- especially like your remainderings.

    ReplyDelete