Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yesterday on the Riverwalk

With four floods in less than two months, the Riverwalk has taken quite a hit. She's held her own, though, and she still continues to provide both beauty as well as surprises.

Yesterday the water had just subsided from the fourth flood, and was as red as I've ever seen it. I'm curious about the "suds-like" stuff. This is not the first time I've seen it:



These looked at first like patches of snow, but I knew the weather wasn't that cold. Then I thought it was chunks of styrofoam. When two floated close enough I realized that they were globs of the "suds-like stuff."
See how red the water is?
There's lots of debris to be removed:



And my "little spot" even took a hit:
But like I said -- The Riverwalk never fails to yield surprises:

I have absolutely no explanation for this thing. I guess it's an art installation, but I started to wonder if it was installed right there or if it had washed up -- and I also wondered if it had seen better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment